Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Nov 2023, #04; Thu, 9)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 08:33:49 +0900

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 02:40:28AM +0900, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> * tb/merge-tree-write-pack (2023-10-23) 5 commits
> ...
> This series received a couple of LGTMs from you and Patrick:
>
>   - https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/#t
>   - https://lore.kernel.org/git/ZTjKmcV5c_EFuoGo@tanuki/

Yup, I am aware of them.

> Johannes had posted some comments[1] about instead using a temporary
> object store where objects are written as loose that would extend to git
> replay....

I was hoping to hear from Johannes saying he agrees with the above.
It is not strictly required, but is much nice to have once we hear
"let's step back a bit---are we going in the right direction?" and
it has been responded.

Thanks.