Subject: Re: 2.43 release date adjustment?

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 09:20:33 -0700

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

> Now that we're on the other side of 2.42, it looks like the tentative
> release date for 2.43 has been scheduled for 2023-11-20.
>
> That week is a US holiday (Thanksgiving, on 2023-11-23). I figure that
> many US-based folks may take a good portion of if not the whole week
> off.

True.

> Should we consider pushing back the release to the week after
> Thanksgiving, say on 2023-11-27? This cycle is already somewhat long so
> we could move the release up to 2023-11-13, but I think it would be
> nice to have folks around in case of any brown paper-bag fixes.

I am not sure how it would help to place the release day immediately
after the off-week everybody has stayed off the keyboard, though.  I
would prefer to see fully working weeks during the pre-release
period so that people can work on last minute regression fixes, so I
hoped it would work much better to release before the holiday week
begins, rather than after it ends.

But of course I am open to inputs.  FYI, I plan to be offline _after_
the Thanksgiving week.