From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 13:31:15 -0700

"edecosta via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: edecosta <[email-masked]>

Do you have some specific reason to avoid using

    Eric DeCosta <[email-masked]>

to identify yourself?  Otherwise, we'd prefer to see it that way.

> Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/2] Check working directory and Unix domain socket file for compatability

This project is wider than just its fsmonitor part, so please make
sure to give your change a title that will not be lost in the noise
when it is shown together with other patfches in the output from
"git shortlog --no-merges".  I haven't spent more than 30 seconds so
you may be able to summarize it better, but perhaps

fsmonitor: ensure filesystem and unix socket are usable by fsmonitor

or something?  If I am reading the early part of the patch
correctly, the value of this change primarily comes from the fact
that it separates (1) filesystems that are inherently incompatible
(e.g. cannot create sockets) and (2) filesystems that pretend to
successfully create sockets but the sockets are unusable, so a title
with "separately" somewhere might convey its essence more clearly.
I dunno.

The patch itself looked sensible (I didn't look for typos in
constants etc., though).

Thanks.