Subject: Re: [PATCH 04/11] reset_head(): remove action parameter

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 13:58:51 -0700

"Phillip Wood via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
>
> The action parameter is passed as the command name to
> setup_unpack_trees_porcelain(). All but two cases pass either
> "checkout" or "reset". The case that passes "reset --hard" should be
> passing "reset" instead.

Describe how the parameter is meant to be used (presumably "this is
to record in the reflog", perhaps?); without such explanation, it is
hard to either agree or disagree with the claim that "reset --hard"
should be "reset".

Also state if this change is supposed to have any externally
observable effect.

Perhaps this improves what is shown in an error message by affecting
what setup_unpack_trees_porcelain() does?  I am just guessing,
because the proposed log message is not telling.  Please do not make
me (or other readers of "git log") guess.

Thanks.