Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] [GSOC] ref-filter: add objectsize to used_atom

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 08:11:26 +0900

"ZheNing Hu via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: ZheNing Hu <[email-masked]>
>
> Since "objectsize:size" is composed of two parts,
> "type:attribute". However, the original implementation

Y is missing in the above "Since X, Y".  Because it is composed of
two parts, what?

Dropping "Since " would make the sentence work better.  Also, I
think it should be "objectsize:disk".

> did not decouple the two parts "type" and "attribute" well,
> we still need to judge separately whether the atom is
> "objectsize" or "objectsize:disk" in `grab_common_values()`.

Perhaps

	When the support for "objectsize:disk" was bolted onto the
	existing support for "objectsize", it didn't follow the
	usual pattern for handling "atomtype:modifier", which reads
	the <modifier> part just once while parsing the format
	string, and store the parsed result in the union in the
	used_atom structure, so that the string form of it does not
	have to be parsed over and over at runtime (e.g. in
	grab_common_values()).

> Add a new member `objectsize` to the union `used_atom.u`,
> so that we can separate the judgment of atom type from the
> judgment of atom attribute, This will bring scalability to
> atom `%(objectsize)`.

OK.

> +		struct {
> +			enum { O_SIZE, O_SIZE_DISK } option;
> +		} objectsize;

OK.

> @@ -967,12 +972,14 @@ static void grab_common_values(struct atom_value *val, int deref, struct expand_
>  			name++;
>  		if (!strcmp(name, "objecttype"))
>  			v->s = xstrdup(type_name(oi->type));
> +		else if (starts_with(name, "objectsize")) {
> +			if (used_atom[i].u.objectsize.option == O_SIZE_DISK) {
> +				v->value = oi->disk_size;
> +				v->s = xstrfmt("%"PRIuMAX, (uintmax_t)oi->disk_size);
> +			} else if (used_atom[i].u.objectsize.option == O_SIZE) {
> +				v->value = oi->size;
> +				v->s = xstrfmt("%"PRIuMAX , (uintmax_t)oi->size);
> +			}

OK.