Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 3/6] commit: add a reword suboption to --fixup

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 16:31:31 -0800

Charvi Mendiratta <[email-masked]> writes:

>  		 * reference for example: --fixup="HEAD^{/^area: string}" or
>  		 * a suboption of `--fixup`.
>  		 *
> -		 * As `amend` suboption contains only alpha character.
> -		 * So check if first non alpha character in fixup_message
> -		 * is ':'.
> +		 * As `amend`/`reword` suboptions contains only alpha
> +		 * characters. So check if first non alpha character
> +		 * in fixup_message is ':'.

Sorry, but I cannot quite follow the logic.  

	We limit --fixup's suboptions to only alpha characters.  If
	the first character after a len of alpha is colon, then the
	part before the colon may be a known suboption name like
	`amend` or `reword`, or a misspelt suboption name.

	Otherwise, we are dealing with --fixup=<commit> that happens
	to have a colon in <commit> object name.

perhaps?