Subject: Re: Nobody is THE one making contribution

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 12:56:09 -0800

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

>> You are not THE one making contribution.
>
> When I'm sending a patch, I have the role of "contributor".

Yes, you are a contributor, but there are other contributors to the
change under discussion.

> In your own release notes [1] you say:
>
>   New contributors whose contributions weren't in v2.29.0 are as
>   follows.
>
> Presumably these are the people who contributed patches, not reviews.

If I said "These community members have their name as an author of a
patch for the first time since v2.29", would that mean those who do
not have any commit under their name are not community members?

> I don't know why you feel the need to explain that to me. I have been
> contributing to open source projects for more than 20 years.

Because you are acting as if you don't know and have to always be
the right one no matter what.  You may not mean to do so, but that
is how your behaviour appears to me (note that I did not know say
"to others").

I won't have time to respond to your word games after I send this
message.