Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] rebase -i: add config to abbreviate command-names

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:59:44 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think the words "instruction list" may have come from my suggestion. I
> used them because that is the term used in the rebase.instructionFormat
> documentation directly above the option you are adding.
>
> It may be worth a follow-on patch to convert that one to "todo list" if
> that's the preferred name.

Running

$ git grep -i -e 'instruction [ls]' -e 'todo l'

lets us count how we call them, and we can see there is only one
instance of 'instruction list'.

Running the above in v1.7.3 tree shows that it was originally called
'todo list', and we can see that an enhancement of cherry-pick in
cd4093b6 ("Merge branch 'rr/revert-cherry-pick-continue'",
2011-10-05)) started calling this instruction sheet around v1.7.8.

A follow-on patch to unify all three would be nice, indeed.

Thanks.