Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation: read-tree consistent usage of working tree

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 09:31:12 -0700

Lars Vogel <[email-masked]> writes:

> http://git-scm.com/docs/git-clone speaks only about working tree, the
> usage of "working directory" for working tree is confusing. Working
> directory describes the current directory while working tree describes
> all files and sub directories.

Actually I think the $cwd is the "Current working directory"; the
phrase "Working directory" alone does not specifically refer to $cwd.

Being consistent to call the checked out file hierarchy "working tree"
is probably a good idea nevertheless.

> Signed-off-by: Lars Vogel <[email-masked]>
> ---

If you apply this patch and then run

    $ git grep -B1 '^directory' Documentation/git-read-tree.txt

you would notice that the patch has missed a few more.

Also

    $ git grep 'work tree' Documentation/git-read-tree.txt

has a handful of hits.

Perhaps try again?

Thanks.