Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 8/9] Support signing pushes iff the server supports it

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:58:36 -0700

Dave Borowitz <[email-masked]> writes:

> Add a new flag --signed-if-possible to push and send-pack that sends a
> push certificate if and only if the server advertised a push cert
> nonce. If not, at least warn the user that their push may not be as
> secure as they thought.
>
> Signed-off-by: Dave Borowitz <[email-masked]>
> ---

Obviously, the above description needs updating.  Here is what I've
queued tentatively.

Thanks.

commit 32d273dfabb0a70b2839971f5afff7fa86a8f4c2
Author: Dave Borowitz <[email-masked]>
Date:   Wed Aug 19 11:26:46 2015 -0400

    push: support signing pushes iff the server supports it
    
    Add a new flag --sign=true (or --sign=false), which means the same
    thing as the original --signed (or --no-signed).  Give it a third
    value --sign=if-asked to tell push and send-pack to send a push
    certificate if and only if the server advertised a push cert nonce.
    
    If not, warn the user that their push may not be as secure as they
    thought.
    
    Signed-off-by: Dave Borowitz <[email-masked]>
    Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>