Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] object_id part 2

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:21:33 -0700

"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 11:51:14PM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 03:50:32PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> > "brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > >   Convert struct object to object_id
>> > 
>> > It seems that the last one didn't make it...
>> 
>> It appears the mail was too large for vger.  Unfortunately for
>> bisectability reasons, it is necessarily large.  I'll resubmit the patch
>> with less context.
>
> Unfortunately, the only patch I can generate that falls under to 100 KB
> limit is with -U0, which isn't very useful.  How do you want to proceed?
> The branch is available at [0], or I can send the -U0 patch, or I can
> split it into unbisectable pieces.
>
> [0] https://github.com/bk2204/git.git object-id-part2

No approach other than just letting reviewers fetch from there and
taking a look is reasonable, I would think.

Did you create this manually, or is it a mechanical scripted rewrite
followed by manual clean-up?  If the latter, it may help people by
posting the mechanical recipe _and_ a patch that shows the manual
clean-up.  That is something we can reasonably review and discuss.