Subject: [PATCH] t5551: "GIT_TEST_LONG=Yes make test" is broken

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2026 14:31:03 +0900

The "test_expect_success 'tag following always works over v0 http'"
test in t5551 fails when it tries to run "git init tags", but this
happens only when EXPENSIVE test is allowed to run.  

This is because the step tries to create a repository with "git init
tags" but the EXPENSIVE test that runs way before it creates and
leaves around a temporary file "tags".  Have the EXPENSIVE test
clean it up after itself.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---

 * As we should give individual contributors a stable base, I have
   identified tests that fail with EXPENSIVE enabled in "master".
   With this fixed, we should add GIT_TEST_LONG=YesPlease to the CI
   jobs run upon PRs are created by contributors.

 t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git c/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh w/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
index a26b6c2844..e236e526f0 100755
--- c/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
+++ w/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
@@ -481,6 +481,7 @@ test_expect_success 'test allowanysha1inwant with unreachable' '
 '
 
 test_expect_success EXPENSIVE 'http can handle enormous ref negotiation' '
+	test_when_finished "rm -f tags" &&
 	(
 		cd "$HTTPD_DOCUMENT_ROOT_PATH/repo.git" &&
 		create_tags 2001 50000