Subject: CI Failures (osx with p4)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2025 12:34:13 -0800

Speaking of CI failures, I think we are seeing unusually high rate
of failures from random osx jobs failing to successfully run t98xx
series.  Is p4 on macOSX still a thing?  As macOSX tests tend to
take very long to complete compared to other jobs, I am tempted to
suggest dropping p4 tests from there.

Opinions?

----- >8 -----
Subject: [PATCH] CI: drop Perforce tests from macOSX jobs

It seems that we seem to be getting unusually higher rate of
failures from random macOSX jobs failing to run t98xx series, even
though we haven't changed Perforce interaction part of our codebase
for quite some time, and the failures seem to be limited to macOSX
jobs and no other platforms.

Most importantly, nobody from the macOSX community seems to have
raised an issue here, reporting any failures.

Perhaps we should stop testing the combination of P4 and macOSX to
save cycles, electricity, and my sanity ;-)

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 ci/install-dependencies.sh | 4 ----
 1 file changed, 4 deletions(-)

diff --git c/ci/install-dependencies.sh w/ci/install-dependencies.sh
index 50628ee2dd..3f718dad41 100755
--- c/ci/install-dependencies.sh
+++ w/ci/install-dependencies.sh
@@ -109,10 +109,6 @@ macos-*)
 	brew link --force gettext
 
 	mkdir -p "$CUSTOM_PATH"
-	wget -q "$P4WHENCE/bin.macosx1015x86_64/helix-core-server.tgz" &&
-	tar -xf helix-core-server.tgz -C "$CUSTOM_PATH" p4 p4d &&
-	sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine "$CUSTOM_PATH/p4" "$CUSTOM_PATH/p4d" 2>/dev/null || true
-	rm helix-core-server.tgz
 
 	case "$jobname" in
 	osx-meson)