Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/5] Make the "promisor-remote" capability support more fields

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2025 16:32:30 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> Changes since v6
> ----------------
> ...
> Christian Couder (5):
>   promisor-remote: refactor to get rid of 'struct strvec'
>   promisor-remote: allow a server to advertise more fields
>   promisor-remote: refactor how we parse advertised fields
>   promisor-remote: allow a client to check fields
>   promisor-remote: use string constants for 'name' and 'url' too
>
>  Documentation/config/promisor.adoc    |  61 ++++
>  Documentation/gitprotocol-v2.adoc     |  64 +++--
>  promisor-remote.c                     | 398 +++++++++++++++++++++-----
>  t/t5710-promisor-remote-capability.sh |  65 +++++
>  4 files changed, 500 insertions(+), 88 deletions(-)

As I do not want to keep an inactive topic in 'seen' for more than a
month, I was doing my usual "sweep" of the topics, and found this
one.

I think I gave a review on one step that pointed out a few problems
with an outline for a possible solution, but I did not see anybody
else reviewing, and nothing happened since the end of last month.

Since the summer is a slow season, I do not mind keeping it for a
few more weeks in 'seen', but I can simply discard the one I have,
and requeue a new version in 'seen' when it materializes.

Thanks.