Subject: What's cooking interim report

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 17:11:10 -0700

Here are some notable updates relative to the issue #04 of "What's
cooking" report this month.

These three topics have been merged to 'master'.

 * js/ci-fedora-gawk (2025-04-16) 1 commit
 * dd/sparse-glibc-workaround (2025-04-09) 1 commit
 * js/ci-github-update-ubuntu (2025-04-09) 1 commit

As removal of Ubuntu 20.04 runner images from GitHub Actions was
causing some CI jobs to fail, Đoàn Trần Công Danh and Dscho's work
to update the necessary bits to make them work has been merged, with
a bit ahead of schedule.  At the same time, we discovered that we
lost "awk" on fedora image that resulted in test failures, which was
quickly diagnosed and patched by Dscho with great help from Todd
Zullinger, which was also fast-tracked to 'master'.  These three
topics should be merged down to 'maint' before we'd make any update
to it.

We also graduated a bunch of other topics that have been cooking in
'next' and spending the usual 1 calendar week (or more).

 * jt/help-sha-backend-info-in-build-options (2025-04-07) 2 commits
 * ps/cat-file-filter-batch (2025-04-07) 12 commits
 * ps/misc-build-fixes (2025-04-01) 5 commits
 * ps/test-wo-perl-prereq (2025-04-07) 20 commits
 * ab/rm-sign-compare (2025-03-29) 1 commit
 * ab/pathspec-sign-compare-workaround (2025-04-01) 1 commit
 * jt/ref-transaction-abort-fix (2025-03-21) 1 commit
 * zy/send-email-error-handling (2025-04-07) 2 commits
 * jt/rev-list-z (2025-03-21) 5 commits
 * sk/clar-trailer-urlmatch-norm-test (2025-03-04) 2 commits
 * kn/non-transactional-batch-updates (2025-04-08) 9 commits
 * ps/maintenance-reflog-expire (2025-04-08) 6 commits