Subject: Re: Git in GSoC 2025

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2025 12:35:54 -0800

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was wondering whether it might make sense to also move the list of
> microprojects into the Git project itself, e.g. as something like
> "Documentation/Projects.txt". This would make it easier for us to update
> the list of long-running projects whenever a new project is added and
> makes it easier for people to discover it.
>
> It would also help to document consensus in the Git project. The file
> would likely not always be 100% accurate, but it'd probably be more so
> compared to tracking it out of our tree.

I am OK with the general idea, with one condition.  Each item in the
list should have clear expiration date that makes it automatically
eligible to be dropped from there.  Another uncurated list of random
things is not what I want to add to and carry in my tree (the other
uncurated list of random things being the set of topic branches that
go stale without hitting 'next').

Thanks.