Subject: Re: [PATCH] RFC: git-request-get maintainer receiving from git-request-pull

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2025 13:05:39 -0800

Matěj Cepl <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue Jan 7, 2025 at 8:37 PM CET, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> There are a handful of scripts written in Perl still in our
>> codebase; study the way how their sources are written (e.g., notice
>> that they all end with ".perl") and are made into executables by
>> Makefile rules, and mimick them.
>
> OK, no shell scripts any more. Got it.

Sorry, no, we do have shell scripts.  The story is the same, though.
Look for SCRIPT_SH in the Makefile (instead of SCRIPT_PERL).  I
simply thought you had a perl script but what you had was a bash
script, I think.

> OK, no RFCs any more, just submission-ready contributions. Got it.

That is not what I meant, either.  [PATCH/RFC] is just fine.  But
make sure what you are sending can be applied cleanly by those who
receive to avoid wasting their time.

THanks.