Subject: Re: What is the diff between a --soft and a blank reset

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2024 09:32:32 +0900

Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

> Messages on this list are expected to be constructive and respectful
> to others. I strongly recommend that you read the code of conduct [1]
> and urge you to remember to be constructive and give others the
> benefit of the doubt when posting here in the future.
> ...
>
> [1] https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
> ...
> Please remember that the person you are replying to is trying to help
> and has given up their time to do so. I think that rather than copy
> and pasting a manpage Chris has taken the time to write some bullet
> points to try and explain the different reset modes.
> ...
> Telling someone that they need to learn English or get off the mailing
> list is completely unacceptable.

Thanks, I have not much to add.

The code-of-conduct does make it acceptable to tell those who
deviate from acceptable behavior on the list to get off the list, by
the way.  I cannot yet say with 100% confidence if it is merely
misunderstanding due to language barrier, or somebody is trolling
others, deliberately, but perhaps we a few exchanges, we may know.