Subject: Re: [GSoC][PATCH v7 0/5] t: port reftable/tree_test.c to the unit testing framework

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2024 08:53:09 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 04, 2024 at 07:36:44PM +0530, Chandra Pratap wrote:
>> The reftable library comes with self tests, which are exercised
>> as part of the usual end-to-end tests and are designed to
>> observe the end-user visible effects of Git commands. What it
>> exercises, however, is a better match for the unit-testing
>> framework, merged at 8bf6fbd0 (Merge branch 'js/doc-unit-tests',
>> 2023-12-09), which is designed to observe how low level
>> implementation details, at the level of sequences of individual
>> function calls, behave.
>> 
>> Hence, port reftable/tree_test.c to the unit testing framework and
>> improve upon the ported test. The first patch in the series is
>> preparatory cleanup, the second patch moves the test to the unit
>> testing framework, and the rest of the patches improve upon the
>> ported test.
>> 
>> Mentored-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
>> Mentored-by: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
>> Signed-off-by: Chandra Pratap <[email-masked]>
>
> Only a single change compared to v6, addressing the only feedback on
> that version. So this looks good to me, thanks!

FWIW, I didn't have other feedback not because I found the rest
perfect, but because I didn't read the series myself carefully,
hoping others are sharing the burden.

Thanks.