Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] ci: stop installing "gcc-13" for osx-gcc

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2024 12:23:18 -0700

Philip <[email-masked]> writes:

> Part of the problem seems to be that the Github actions runner has a bug
> on OSX: https://github.com/actions/runner/issues/884
>
> Based on investigating this for a while by setting up a self-hosted actions
> runner, it seems to have to do with a broken pipe triggering incomplete
> output capture / termination detection by either Github Action Runner (
> see issue thread) or maybe even Dotnet Core's
> System.Diagnostics.Process functionality.

Thanks for digging into this.

> As for the actual failing test, t9211, what I got on my machine was a
> failure during clone: `unknown repository extension found: refstorage`.
> In the trash directory, the .git/config did specify that extension.
> Perhaps some interference coming from
> t9500-gitweb-standalone-no-errors.sh, since it invokes:
>
>> git config extensions.refstorage "$refstorage"

Puzzled.  We run t9211 in "t/trash directory.t9211-whatever/"
directory with its own repository, so that what t9500 does in its
own playpen, "t/trash directory.t9500-gitweb-standalone-no-errors/"
directory would not interfere with it to begin with.  How would that
setting seep through to an unrelated test run next door?  It's not
like they share TCP port number or anything like that?