Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/9] CodingGuidelines: write punctuation marks

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:57:19 -0800

Josh Soref <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Nobody seems to have commented on this step in the previous round,
>> but I do not understand what you mean by ...
>>
>> > From: Josh Soref <[email-masked]>
>> > - Match style in Release Notes
>>
>> ... at all.  The patch text is fine, though.
>
> https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/blob/692be87cbba55e8488f805d236f2ad50483bd7d5/Documentation/RelNotes/2.43.0.txt#L221

You mean just a single mention of the phrase?  If so, you should
pinpoint it, e.g. "The release notes for Git 2.43 calls them
'punctuation marks', so let's use that here, too" or something like
that.

Unless you are sure that all the issues of Release Notes have and
will consistently say "punctuation marks" and never say
"punctuations", that is.