Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/4] global: convert trivial usages of `test <expr> -a/-o <expr>`

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:20:04 +0900

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am not so surprised that this one was missed, though.  I didn't
> point this one out during my review of the previous round, either,
> and not everybody is as careful as you are.

Ah, sorry, thist came out in a way I did not mean to.

I didn't mean "I did not point it out explicitly.  It is not
surprising if a contributor who was not careful did not find it on
their own and took initiative to fix it themselves".

I meant "I failed to spot it myself hence I didn't point it out in
my review---I was not being so careful to aim for thoroughly cover
and find all the similar issues".

In any case, I'll tweak it while queueing.  Thanks for noticing.

diff --git i/t/valgrind/valgrind.sh w/t/valgrind/valgrind.sh
index 9fbf90cee7..3c8ee19975 100755
--- i/t/valgrind/valgrind.sh
+++ w/t/valgrind/valgrind.sh
@@ -23,7 +23,7 @@ memcheck)
 	VALGRIND_MAJOR=$(expr "$VALGRIND_VERSION" : '[^0-9]*\([0-9]*\)')
 	VALGRIND_MINOR=$(expr "$VALGRIND_VERSION" : '[^0-9]*[0-9]*\.\([0-9]*\)')
 	test 3 -gt "$VALGRIND_MAJOR" ||
-	( test 3 -eq "$VALGRIND_MAJOR" && test 4 -gt "$VALGRIND_MINOR" ) ||
+	{ test 3 -eq "$VALGRIND_MAJOR" && test 4 -gt "$VALGRIND_MINOR"; } ||
 	TOOL_OPTIONS="$TOOL_OPTIONS --track-origins=yes"
 	;;
 *)