Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/6] Introduce Git Standard Library

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 13:36:47 -0700

Calvin Wan <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have taken this series out of RFC since there weren't any significant
> concerns with the overall concept and design of this series. This reroll
> incorporates some smaller changes such as dropping the "push pager
> dependency" patch in favor of stubbing it out. The main change this
> reroll cleans up the Makefile rules and stubs, as suggested by
> Phillip Wood (appreciate the help on this one)!

What is your plan for the "config-parse" stuff?  The "create new library"
step in this series seem to aim for the same goal in a different ways.

> This series has been rebased onto 1fc548b2d6a: The sixth batch
>
> Originally this series was built on other patches that have since been
> merged, which is why the range-diff is shown removing many of them.

Good.  Previous rounds did not really attract much interest from the
public if I recall correctly.  Let's see how well this round fares.

>  Documentation/technical/git-std-lib.txt | 191 ++++++++++++++++++++

It is interesting to see that there is no "std.*lib\.c" in the set
of source files, or "std.*lib\.a" target in the Makefile.