Subject: Re: Better suggestions when git-am(1) fails

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 13:53:55 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> So here's a patch series which I think should help with the sending
> side. Most of it is just filling in gaps in the code and tests for
> current features. Patch 4 is the actual change. Patch 5 adds an
> equivalent option just for format-patch. I'm not convinced anybody
> really wants it (which is why I split it out), but it's probably worth
> doing just in case.
>
>   [1/5]: diff: factor out src/dst prefix setup
>   [2/5]: t4013: add tests for diff prefix options
>   [3/5]: diff: add --default-prefix option
>   [4/5]: format-patch: do not respect diff.noprefix
>   [5/5]: format-patch: add format.noprefix option

I've reviewed these five changes, and while I am not 100% sold to
the idea that we should force our -p1 worldview to those who choose
to use diff.noprefix for whatever reason, I think these patches
describe what they want to do and implement it in a very readable
way.

Thanks.  Queued.