Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 01/14] bulk-checkin: rename 'state' variable and separate 'plugged' boolean

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:24:52 -0700

Neeraj Singh <[email-masked]> writes:

>> We should add a new function, flush_bulk_checking_packfile(), to
>> flush only the packfile part of the bulk_checkin_state without
>> affecting other things---the "plugged" bit is the only one in the
>> current code before this series, but it does not have to stay to be
>> so
>
> I'm happy to rename the packfile related stuff to end with _packfile
> to make it clear that all of that state and functionality is related
> to batching of packfile additions.

I do not care about names, though.  If you took that I hinted any
such change, sorry about that.  _state is fine as-is.

I do care about not ejecting plugged out of the structure and
instead keeping them together, with proper way to flush the part
that deflate_to_pack() wants to flush, instead of abusing the
"finish".

Thanks.