Subject: preparing for 2.34.1

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 09:37:15 -0800

There are a few topics [*] to fix regressions introduced in the
previous cycle, which should be in 2.34.1 and I've merged them to
'master'. I hope we can merge them to 'maint' (which now point at
2.34) and tag 2.34.1 in a few days.

After that, in yet another few days, we will see most of the stalled
topics ejected from the tree, the tip of 'next' rewound, and we will
start the cycle toward 2.35 by starting to take new topics, by the
beginning of the next week at the latest.

Thanks.

* ab/update-submitting-patches (2021-11-13) 1 commit
  (merged to 'next' on 2021-11-19 at b44f4d0eb0)
 + SubmittingPatches: fix Asciidoc syntax in "GitHub CI" section

 Doc fix.

* ev/pull-already-up-to-date-is-noop (2021-11-18) 1 commit
  (merged to 'next' on 2021-11-19 at 2d8f0cd000)
 + pull: should be noop when already-up-to-date

 "git pull" with any strategy when the other side is behind us
 should succeed as it is a no-op, but doesn't.

* hm/paint-hits-in-log-grep (2021-11-19) 1 commit
  (merged to 'next' on 2021-11-19 at e146d25c7c)
 + Revert "grep/pcre2: fix an edge case concerning ascii patterns and UTF-8 data"

 "git grep" looking in a blob that has non-UTF8 payload was
 completely broken when linked with certain versions of PCREv2
 library in the latest release.