Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/3] am: support --empty=(die|drop|keep) option to handle empty patches

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 08:54:06 -0800

Aleen 徐沛文 <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Yes.
>> 
>> As the URL you were referred to explains, the sign-off procedure is
>> to keep track of provenance of the code, which is a more "legal"
>> formal requirement than just "I use this pseudonym everywhere".
>> When a big company comes to us, claiming that "this code is our
>> intellectual property stolen from us" and pointing at code added by
>> a patch from you, we do not want to see us in the position to have
>> to say "eh, somebody who uses psuedonym X signed DCO, but we do not
>> even know their real name".
>
> I know it, and as I said before that gitgitgadget need PR creators to
> sign off user name of GitHub account, according to the DCO check. I can
> confirmed that "Aleen" and "Aleen 徐沛文" are both the real name of mine,
> the committer. I can use the account [email-masked] to confirm this.

Can somebody from GGG land help this user?  I _think_ the easiest
workaround (other than not using GGG and sending e-mail in the old
fashioned way) is to commit and sign-off under the real name, and
push under whatever GitHub username to throw a GGG pull request,
which GGG should be able to take, as I have seen users forward other
authors commits just fine.