Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] MyFirstContribution: Document --range-diff option when writing v2

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 11:54:16 -0700

Bagas Sanjaya <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +----
>> +$ git checkout psuh
>> +$ git branch psuh-v1
>> +----
>>   
>
> Alternatively we can branch off psuh-v2 from the original psuh:
> ----
> $ git checkout psuh
> $ git checkout -b psuh-v2
> ----

It would lose the continuity in "git reflog @{now}" while continuing
to work on the psuh feature.  So it may be an "alternative", but I
do not think why anybody wants to recommend ti as an alternative
when "tag the end of the v1 iteration and keep using the same" was
already given.  If the original said "stop working on psuh and start
a new branch called psuh-v2", and then "no, mark the notable point
and keep using the same" is offered as an alternative, it might be
worth sending a message about, though.