Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/4] CodingGuidelines: recommend singular they

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 16:03:56 +0900

"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I agree that in many cases we can effectively rephrase to avoid needing
> to do this, but if we acknowledge that sometimes we will need to write
> using third-person personal pronouns in some cases, it's worth
> documenting what those should be.

I think we've heard enough from both sides and there probably is not
misunderstanding among the folks, even though there are differences
of opinions.

I would like to consider that the last draft I did [*1*] based on
earlier suggestions by Derrick and Ævar would be a reasonable middle
ground.

I'll go mostly offline next week---I'd notice if the list came up
with a vastly different concensus when I come back, but hopefully
not ;-)

Thanks.

[Reference]

*1* https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/