Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (May 2017, #01; Mon, 1)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 02:35:35 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> That squash looks good to me.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> That is not a particulary helpful comment, by the way.  I can help
>> topics by contributors by queuing emergency fix at the tip to make
>> ones that do not build correctly buildable and testable (which is
>> what the "SQUASH???" commits are about), but I'd rather not see me
>> forced to find among 19 commits which one is broken and needs the
>> hotfix squashed in myself.
>
> I'm happy to change what I'm doing to be more helpful, but it's not
> clear to me from this & the context what that would be.
>
> * I sent a v4 that had this bug in <[email-masked]>
> * You pointed out that initialization bug in response
> * I sent a v5 of just that patch (not the rest of the series) in
> response to that in <[email-masked]>
> * You replied in <[email-masked]> in a
> reply I (probably mis-)read as "no worries, I'll just squash the fix
> in"

Sorry, I completely forgot about our exchange around your v5.  If
your comment were "squash is good but you've seen a replacement sent
as v5 that is not there yet", I wouldn't have made such a silly
comment, but given that I've already responded to your v5 saying
I'll handle it, that is asking too much from you.

What I pushed out a few hours ago should already have the fix in.
Thanks for clarifying the situation, and sorry again.