Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/10] config-hook cleanups and two small 'git hook list' features

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2026 13:27:54 -0700

Adrian Ratiu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> As promised I've spun-off v3 of the config series [1] into its own standalone
> patch series after v2 landed in next.
>
> This is mostly minor cleanups and refactorings + two minor feature additions
> to `git hook list`, which resulted from the previous review discussions:
>
> 1. The ability to show the config scope (--show-scope).
> 2. The ability to show which hooks are disabled.

This is a very pleasant series to read. Thank you for spinning these
cleanups and new features off into their own series. It makes the
evolution of the hook-config work much easier to follow.

The overall progression from general cleanups to the more involved
cache refactoring and finally the new features is logical and well-
executed.

I may have a few comments on the later patches, but the early parts
look already very promising.

[PATCH 1/10] to [PATCH 4/10]
These look solid and correctly address the style and naming nits
raised in previous rounds. Moving unsorted_string_list_remove() to
string-list.[ch] is a good call as it's a generally useful utility.

[PATCH 5/10] hook: replace hook_list_clear() -> string_list_clear_func()
Appreciative of this change; using the standard string_list API
makes the code more idiomatic. Stashing the data_free pointer in
struct hook is a clean way to handle the internal callback data.

Thanks.