Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 4/4] rebase: support --trailer

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2026 12:49:31 -0800

"Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2025, at 15:29, Li Chen wrote:
>> From: Li Chen <[email-masked]>
> ...
> Same problem as I commented on in https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
>
> The `See also INCOMPATIBLE OPTIONS below.` is not indented to the same
> level as `--signoff`, where it belongs.
>
>> +--trailer=<trailer>::
>> +       Append the given trailer line(s) to every rebased commit
>> +       message, processed via linkgit:git-interpret-trailers[1].
>> +       When this option is present *rebase automatically implies*
>> +       `--force-rebase` so that fast‑forwarded commits are also
>> +       rewritten.
>> +
>>[snip]

After this and [*] the discussion stopped and the topic has been
dormant since then for full two months.  I'd drop the topic from
'seen' soonish but that does not mean an improved version of this
patch is unwelcome.

Thanks.

[Reference]
 * https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/