Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 2/2] send-email: make it easy to discern the messages for each patch

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 11:06:42 -0700

Dragan Simic <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2024-04-27 19:41, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Dragan Simic <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> Just checking, is there something I can do to get this patch
>>> series moving forward?
>> Get it into a shape that is more palatable to people?  That's easy
>> to say and hard to define X-<.
>> I didn't see anybody enthused about the change, and I didn't get
>> enthused about it, either.
>
> Hmm, I was under impression that the amount of discussion that
> already went into the different versions of this series clearly
> showed at least some interest in these patches.  We've reached
> the sixth iteration, which shows something.

Well, v1 and v3-v5 saw comments only from me.  There was a comment
on v2 by Kristoffer Haugsbakk about phrasing in proposed log
message.  v6 had Eric's "Meh, either way".

I was not enthused in the topic myself, but was reviewing and
suggesting improvements merely to help you turn the patch into a
shape that would interest others, but the thing is, if the current
output is good enough, it is perfectly normal that there is no more
room to make material improvements, and it is not your fault.

[References]

v1. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
v2. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
v3. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
v4. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
v5. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
v6. https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/