Subject: Re: [PATCH] MyFirstContribution: refrain from self-iterating too much

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 09:14:42 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Or:
>> Re-reading my own stuff, I think that things could have been done
>> in a way like this....
>> Lets wait for more comments before I send out a new version.
>
> Again, very good.

The latter one (different course) needs spearate treatment from the
former (typofix).  Small corrections without changing course is
better communicated with "will fix when I reroll" while a drastic
change should warn the readers not to waste their time on the
premature initial version, i.e. "I came up with a drastically
different and better idea; please ignore the one I just posted and
wait for an updated one".

I'll sleep on what I rewrote to see if I or other people find better
phrasing.

Thanks.