Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/5] index-pack: add --progress-title option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 18:50:56 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:

> Since the option is internal-only the inconsistency shouldn't
> matter.

OK.

> I'm copying the pattern to handle it as-is from the handling
> of the existing "-o" option in the same function, see 9cf6d3357aa (Add
> git-index-pack utility, 2005-10-12) for its addition.

That is apples-to-oranges comparison, as the original is not even a
long option so it won't be -o=filename anyway.  So the "i+1" (as
opposed to "i + 1") loses justification.  Since the option is
implementation detail, having to spell its value separately is OK,
though.

> Eventually we'd like to migrate all of this this to parse_options(),
> which would make these differences in behavior go away.

Perhaps, but if it does not matter now, it shouldn't be worth
code-churn later, either.

Thanks.