Subject: Re: [PATCH] t5582: remove spurious 'cd "$D"' line

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 09:12:37 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hmm. I think that one is different, in that the "cd" is not redundant,
> but wrong. But it turns out not to matter to the test. ;)

Funny. 

We are lucky because 'cd ""' stays in the same repository as the
current one and not to a random place, and because the current one
happens to have no pack and running the command in a repository
without any pack is what the test wants to do anyway.

Thanks, will queue.

> diff --git a/t/t5323-pack-redundant.sh b/t/t5323-pack-redundant.sh
> index 8b01793845..8dbbcc5e51 100755
> --- a/t/t5323-pack-redundant.sh
> +++ b/t/t5323-pack-redundant.sh
> @@ -114,9 +114,9 @@ test_expect_success 'setup main repo' '
>  	create_commits_in "$main_repo" A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R
>  '
>  
> -test_expect_success 'master: pack-redundant works with no packfile' '
> +test_expect_success 'main: pack-redundant works with no packfile' '
>  	(
> -		cd "$master_repo" &&
> +		cd "$main_repo" &&
>  		cat >expect <<-EOF &&
>  			fatal: Zero packs found!
>  			EOF