Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: redacted e-mail addresses feature.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:55:00 -0700

"Georgios Kontaxis" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> And more importantly, I do not see why it should be made impossible
>> to override per repository/project in a multi-tenant installation.
>> Some projects may be more "privacy" sensitive than others.  Those
>> who want to use tighter setting should be able to enable it even
>> when the side-wide default is set to false, no?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> I was actually thinking about the other way around;
> preventing projects from disabling this feature.

Yes, it cuts both ways, and override should be allowed for most
cases (unless absolutely necessary for healthy operation of the
system) for a simple reason that anybody who sets site-wide default
is not in a better position than those who set per-repository or
per-project setting to judge what is good for them.

Thanks.