Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] doc: describe mergetool configuration in git-mergetool(1)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 15:34:24 -0800

Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> writes:
> diff --git a/Documentation/git-mergetool.txt b/Documentation/git-mergetool.txt
> index 6b14702e784..e587c7763a7 100644
> --- a/Documentation/git-mergetool.txt
> +++ b/Documentation/git-mergetool.txt
> @@ -99,6 +99,10 @@ success of the resolution after the custom tool has exited.
>  	(see linkgit:git-config[1]).  To cancel `diff.orderFile`,
>  	use `-O/dev/null`.
>  
> +CONFIGURATION
> +-------------
> +include::config/mergetool.txt[]
> +

It is a nice touch.  We don't have much explanation other than the
description below ...

mergetool.hideResolved::
	During a merge Git will automatically resolve as many conflicts as
	possible and write the 'MERGED' file containing conflict markers around
	any conflicts that it cannot resolve; 'LOCAL' and 'REMOTE' normally
	represent the versions of the file from before Git's conflict
	resolution. This flag causes 'LOCAL' and 'REMOTE' to be overwriten so
	that only the unresolved conflicts are presented to the merge tool. Can
	be configured per-tool via the `mergetool.<tool>.hideResolved`
	configuration variable. Defaults to `false`.

... which appears in the included file on the feature.

Thanks.