Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/14] completion: a bunch of updates

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 10:08:15 -0800

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

> To state the opinion of a person is not a derogatory statement. This
> is literally what they said:
>
>> > > Now, how about you make a compromise between "correctness" and
>> > > usability?
>> >
>> > No.
>
> I'm not doing anything but repeating their stated opinion. It is a
> fact. If you don't like their stated opinion, feel free to talk to
> them.

I had to read the exchange three times to be reasonably confident
that the party that was asking the question was you and Zsh folks
was who said "No.", as there were so little in the context to go by,
in order to tell what was being discussed (I initially even thought
they asked the question and you gave a short "no", before realizing
it probably is the other way around).

In the short quote given without enough context, I cannot see
anything more than a disagreement of the degree of "correctness" and
"usability" expected by the two parties in the discussion.

Even if I knew what exact "incorrectness" and "usability" were on
topic back when you two argued, I know people strike balance at
different place.  Even though I may agree with your argument in that
particular case, I can understand (if not accept) if Zsh folks
thought differently.  And it does not matter if I agree with you
that they are better off taking a small "incorrectness" to gain
"usability"---the Zsh show is run over there by Zsh folks, and I am
not a participant.

But the take-away I got from your short quote was that I see no
evidence that Zsh folks do not care about usability.