Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 00/14] completion: speed up refs completion

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 11:28:52 -0700

SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]> writes:

> This series is the updated version of 'sg/completion-refs-speedup'.
> It speeds up refs completion for large number of refs, partly by
> giving up disambiguating ambiguous refs and partly by eliminating most
> of the shell processing between 'git for-each-ref' and 'ls-remote' and
> Bash's completion facility.  The rest is a bit of preparatory
> reorganization, cleanup and bugfixes.
>
> Changes since v1:
> ...
> [1] - http://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

It seems Jacob Keller was the only person who was excited about
these changes when v1 was posted?  It would be nice to see a bit
more enthusiasm from other folks who are invested in the completion
script, but you are the de-facto go-to person on the completion
already, so ... ;-)

Will replace.  Let's advance this to 'next' soonish (say, by early
next week).

Thanks.