Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/1] difftool: add the builtin

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:30:05 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> ... I do not think you can safely add these two bits here until the
> migration completes.

I accidentally removed a more useful bit I wrote after the above
sentence while editing.

The NEEDSWORK comment in 73c2779f42 ("builtin-am: implement skeletal
builtin am", 2015-08-04) mentions why it calls setup-git-directory
and setup-work-tree instead of letting run_builtin() do so; perhaps
you can do something similar here to fix this.

> I doubt that setting core.usebuiltindifftool to false and running
> the tool from a subdirectory and a pathspec work correctly with this
> patch.  If running difftool from a subdirectory with a pathspec is
> not tested in t7800, perhaps we should.
>
> It is nice that we can now lose PERL prerequisite from t7800 ;-)
>
> Thanks.