Subject: Re: [PATCH] Document the HTTP transport protocols

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:45:33 -0700

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]> writes:

>  This is basically the version from Tay Ray Chuan [1] with one more
>  proofreading round from me. My changes besides realignments are below.
>  There are TODOs remain but I think the document is valuable as it is.

Thanks.

>  On the topic, C Git's (maybe) violations on this spec are:
>  
>   - The client does not strip trailing slashes from $GIT_URL before
>     sending to the server, as described in section "URL Format".
>  
>   - The client does not check that HTTP status code is either 200 or
>     304 when receiving response in discovering references phase.
>
>   - The client verifies the first 5 bytes against pattern
>     "^[0-9a-fA-F]{4}#" instead of "^[0-9a-f]{4}#" as described in
>     section "discovering references".

Perhaps add these to "small projects ideas"?  The last one may want
to be phrased a bit better, though.  I needed to read it twice to
realize that you are saying "the client accepts hexadecimal using
uppercase alphabets where it should not".