Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] sparse-checkout: optimize string_list construction

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2026 05:55:10 -0800

amisha <[email-masked]> writes:

> Improve O(n^2) complexity to O(n log n) while building a sorted 'string_list'
> by constructing it unsorted and sorting it afterwards.
>
> Signed-off-by: Amisha Chhajed <[email-masked]>
> ---

Because your e-mail client claims that the messages is from "amisha
<[email-masked]>" in its "From:" header line, you'd need to
insert an extra "in-body header" line, which is separate by a blank
line from the rest of the message body, to override it as the first
line in the message, making the body of the message begin like this.

    From: Amisha Chhajed <[email-masked]>

    Improve O(n^2) complexity to O(n log n) while building a sorted 'string_list'
    by constructing it unsorted and sorting it afterwards.

    Signed-off-by: Amisha Chhajed <[email-masked]>

I've tweaked the message I retrieved from the mailing list before
applying, so no need to resend this message, but in your future
contributions please keep this in mind.

Thanks.