Subject: Re: [PATCH] trailer: fix comment/cut-line regression with opts->no_divider

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 19:26:43 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 10:42:45AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> Thanks, both, for finding a rather unfortunate regression.  Perhaps
>> it is worth delaying 2.44 final by a week or so to include a fix (or
>> a revert if it comes to it).
>
> Hmm, I had thought this was pre-2.44, but it was actually in the 2.43.x
> maintenance series (so it is not a regression going from 2.43.2 to
> 2.44.0, but it is from 2.43.0 to 2.44.0).

I've been trying to be a bit aggressive this cycle to merge various
clean-up topics, together with real bugfixes, to 'maint'.  Those who
often skip the -rcX but diligently follow numbered releases found a
few potential regressions in 2.44-rc as a result, which I could say
is a great success ;-).  In addition, I was planning to have only
one -rc release without going -rc2 before the final, but we may need
one if only for this fix.

The fix in the patch looks quite straight-forward.  Thanks.