Subject: Re: [PATCH] ident: don't consider trailing dot crud

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 14:38:31 -0700

"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2023-08-02 at 16:49:32, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > I wonder if this needs some credit to those involved in the original
>> > thread?
>> 
>> I've had this on 'seen' as-is, hoping to see a quick update so that
>> we can merge it down to 'next' before -rc0; here is a minimally
>> touched-up version I'll replace it with.
>
> That's fine.  I was planning to do a re-roll today (since my Tuesdays
> tend to be occupied with French classes), but I'm happy with what you
> have.  Let me know if you're expecting a re-roll nevertheless, and I'll
> try to get one out to you.

Nah, your message I am responding to is just as good as a reroll.

After all we are not propagating cryptographic signatures in your
e-mail to resulting commits, so it would not make any difference ;-)

Thanks.