Subject: Re: [PATCH] index-pack: remove fetch_if_missing=0

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 12:37:34 -0800

Sean Allred <[email-masked]> writes:

> Kousik Sanagavarapu <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hence, use has_object() to check for the existence of an object, which
>> has the default behavior of not lazy-fetching in a partial clone.
>
> Any chance this fixes behavior[1] I was seeing ...

If I understand correctly, Kousik's change is meant to be a clean-up
that does not change any behaviour, so if it changes some behaviour
for you, it means the patch is buggy.

But I think you can build a version of Git without the patch
(earlier this week would have been a good time to do so to test the
release candidate #2 for the upcoming 2.40) to see if you have the
behaviour still, and then apply this patch to see if it fixes it,
and then report your findings here.  It would make a great
contribution to the community.

Thanks.