Subject: Re: Add git config variable for signoff

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 08:03:23 +0900

Prajwal S N <[email-masked]> writes:

> I noticed that git provides the config variable `gpgsign` to enable
> GPG signing of commits by default (akin to the `-S` flag). But there
> isn't a variable yet for signing off commits by default (akin to the
> `-s` flag). I feel this would be a convenient feature to have, since a
> large number of projects today require every commit to be signed off
> for DCO[1]. I am willing to take this up, and would like to know if a
> patch would be welcomed.
> Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Prajwal S N
>
> [1]: https://developercertificate.org/

I think the latest round was the thread leading to this message:

  https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

There was an earlier round:

  https://lore.kernel.org/git/20161229084701.GA3643@starla/