Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 2/2] parse-options.c: add style checks for usage-strings

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 11:15:13 -0800

Abhradeep Chakraborty <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Let's instead drop [2/2] for now.  I do not want us to go back to
>> shell script that pretends to know about C language, and I do not
>> want to block [1/2] by waiting for a replacement.  Fixes in [1/2]
>> are pretty much uncontroversial ones that can even be fast-tracked
>> down to 'master'.
>
> Though, as a new contributor, I felt bad about dropping the last
> patch, but if you think the last patch request needs more discussion
> ( which I think is needed) - I also in favour of dropping the last
> commit.
>
> Would you do this on your side or I will re-submit it with the first
> commit?

Nah, I can just discard the second commit and keep the first one.