Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2021, #09; Sun, 29)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 16:44:37 -0700

Han-Wen Nienhuys <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 2:03 PM Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Han-Wen: It would be really nice to have this re-rolled sooner than
>> later, my and Junio's "fixup" commits at the end are a band-aid, but I
>> already ran into wanting to bisect something between master..seen that
>> was unnecessarily painful due to the series now not compiling without
>> the "fixup" commits at the end.
>
> I am folding in the __FUNCTION__ fix.
>
> However, I thought patches should be sent against the master branch
> and not against some intermediate  version of 'seen' ?

Sure, but in this case I think these errno and reftable patches have
been made to build on top of them, forming a single gigantic series.
Here is what I have for now.

$ git log --first-parent --oneline --decorate master..hn/reftable
447290b6a4 (hn/reftable) SQUASH??? https://github.com/git/git/run...
f76d6f0ad8 reftable: fixup for new base topic 3/3
dd1c4edcf2 reftable: fixup for new base topic 2/3
3b5bcd75c0 reftable: fixup for new base topic 1/3
6f5b8c7d12 t1404: annotate test cases with REFFILES
1de26b03cf t1401,t2011: parameterize HEAD.lock for REFFILES
ed288d74ad t1301: document what needs to be done for reftable
9e4385c42a Add "test-tool dump-reftable" command.
1792a05f21 git-prompt: prepare for reftable refs backend
07aab82357 refs: RFC: Reftable support for git-core
a83701eef8 reftable: add dump utility
385d6c58c5 reftable: implement stack, a mutable database of reftable files.
b9e7eceb13 reftable: implement refname validation
b6e5675982 reftable: add merged table view
38119bdd8d reftable: add a heap-based priority queue for reftable records
d0c6772ff7 reftable: reftable file level tests
c6c539dd32 reftable: read reftable files
f65d21f3b1 reftable: generic interface to tables
897ad67203 reftable: write reftable files
015556832e reftable: a generic binary tree implementation
7c4b155181 reftable: reading/writing blocks
92c1c3179f Provide zlib's uncompress2 from compat/zlib-compat.c
784075c5f6 reftable: (de)serialization for the polymorphic record type.
5440a522c3 reftable: add blocksource, an abstraction for random access reads
cc2a68a200 reftable: utility functions
2efae91445 reftable: add error related functionality
af64fc6ba6 reftable: RFC: add LICENSE
1ade5fa369 init-db: set the_repository->hash_algo early on
f39a30dc25 hash.h: provide constants for the hash IDs
3fde557f7f (ab/refs-errno-cleanup) refs: make errno output explici...
86c9090d90 refs: explicitly return failure_errno from parse_loose_ref_contents
30f5e21f7f branch tests: test for errno propagating on failing read
f3df9ee957 refs: add failure_errno to refs_read_raw_ref() signature
5b12e16bb1 (hn/refs-errno-cleanup) refs: make errno output explicit for read_raw_ref_fn
1ae6ed230a refs/files-backend: stop setting errno from lock_ref_oid_basic
20d422cfd7 refs: remove EINVAL errno output from specification of read_raw_ref_fn
3fa2e91d17 refs file backend: move raceproof_create_file() here
48cdcd9ca0 (ab/refs-files-cleanup) refs/files: remove unused "errno != ENOTDIR" condition
245fbba46d refs/files: remove unused "errno == EISDIR" code
ff7a2e4dbb refs/files: remove unused "oid" in lock_ref_oid_basic()
cc40b5ce13 refs API: remove OID argument to reflog_expire()
ae35e16cd4 reflog expire: don't lock reflogs using previously seen OID
7aa7829f75 refs/files: add a comment about refs_reflog_exists() call
6f45ec88d2 refs: make repo_dwim_log() accept a NULL oid
81bc122589 refs/debug: re-indent argument list for "prepare"
640d9d55c3 refs/files: remove unused "skip" in lock_raw_ref() too
11e984da07 refs/files: remove unused "extras/skip" in lock_ref_oid_basic()
491ad946b2 refs: drop unused "flags" parameter to lock_ref_oid_basic()
212631ed50 refs/files: remove unused REF_DELETING in lock_ref_oid_basic()
881aebffcf refs/packet: add missing BUG() invocations to reflog callbacks