Subject: Re: [PATCH] completion: use native ZSH array pattern matching

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 16:01:05 -0700

"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2020-05-28 at 15:54:49, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> "brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > Yes, that is what I meant.  I'm glad to know my question has been
>> > answered and things work.  I'm okay with the patch as it is in that
>> > case, although I'd give bonus points for mentioning that this syntax
>> > doesn't regress bash.
>> 
>> True.  And we would want to also have tested-by on more recent
>> versions of bash, no?
>
> Sure, such testing would be welcome, but I believe those are tested with
> our tests on most platforms.  macOS is special because it uses the last
> GPLv2 version of bash, which is less capable in some ways.  I assumed
> that bash would not be more likely to break here in newer versions, but
> perhaps I shouldn't make that assumption.

In any case, a few integration into 'pu' with the patch have been
already made e.g. https://travis-ci.org/github/git/git/builds/692290894
so we should be good ;-)